Manage Your Account
Looking for benefits information? Need to check the status of a claim? Sign in below to access account information, online tools and resources, and more.
Make a CHPlus Payment
Pay your Child Health Plus premium online (debit, credit card or eCheck).
How to Renew
We’ll guide you through the process of renewal in your current program or help you enroll in the program that meets your needs today. Renewal in any of these programs is an annual requirement.
How to renew Child Health Plus.
Beginning with 7/20/17 renewal dates, all Child Health Plus renewals must take place on the NY State of Health Marketplace website at nystateofhealth.ny.gov. Select Individuals & Families to sign in to your online account. You may also call the NYSOH Marketplace at 1-855-355-5777.
Members may also visit a Marketplace Facilitated Enroller to complete renewals for Child Health Plus. If you need help in renewing, please call the MVP Customer Care Center at 1-800-852-7826 or contact us.
How to renew Medicaid Managed Care.
If you signed up for Medicaid Managed Care through the NY State of HealthTMMarketplace (NYSOH), you will receive notification from the NYSOH and you can renew online by visiting nystateofhealth.ny.gov. Select Individuals & Families to sign in to your online account. You may also call the Marketplace at 1-855-355-5777.
Most people who did not enroll through the NY State of HealthTMMarketplace, will receive a letter from their local County Department of Social Services and the NYSOH explaining how to renew their eligibility.
Individuals receiving community-based long-term services will receive a letter from the local County Department of Social Services with additional renewal instructions.
If you have any questions about renewing your coverage or need assistance, please call the MVP Customer Care Center at 1-800-852-7826 or contact us.
How to renew Essential Plans.
If you signed up for an Essential Plan through the NY State of HealthTM Marketplace, you must renew annually during the annual open enrollment period (11/1/16 – 1/31/17). You can renew online by visiting the NY State of Health Marketplace at nystateofhealth.ny.gov, select Individuals & Families to sign in to your online account, or you may call the Marketplace at 1-855-355-5777.
How to Apply
MVP is here to help! There are a number of ways to get assistance with applying for insurance on the NY State of HealthTM Marketplace, or for MVP’s free and low cost New York State sponsored health insurance programs—Medicaid Managed Care, Child Health Plus, and the Essential Plan.
- MVP Marketplace Facilitated Enrollers will meet with families and individuals at convenient times and locations to help with completing the application, gathering needed documents and submitting the application. Call 1-800-825-5687 to set up an appointment or get started here.
- Marketplace Facilitated Enrollers are available to residents of Albany, Columbia, Dutchess, Genesee, Greene, Jefferson, Lewis, Livingston, Monroe, Oneida, Ontario, Orange, Putnam, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Sullivan, Rockland, Ulster, Warren, Washington and Westchester counties.
- You can check our events calendar or find when an MVP Community Outreach Vehicle is in your area to get answers to your questions and enroll in an MVP plan.
- If you live in another county, find an In Person Assistor/Navigator to assist you.
- You may also find it helpful to find your Local Department of Social Services.
Download Member Guides and Plan Documents
Medicaid Managed Care Member Guide
Child Health Plus Subscriber Contract
MVP Harmonious Health Care Plan Member Guide
Learn about benefits.
When you join MVP Health Care, you enjoy the benefits of having your own doctor who can take care of your routine medical needs. As a member, your services include:
- Hospital and emergency care
- Dental care
- Specialist care
- Vision, hearing and speech services
- Prescription drug coverage
- Mental health/substance use disorder services
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- Prenatal care and family planning
- and much more
Get information on specialty medicines.
CVS Specialty is a pharmacy that specializes in the dispensing of some high cost injectable and oral medications. These medications may be either self-administered or given by a physician in the office. CVS Specialty provides personalized support and valuable services that a local retail pharmacy may not be able to provide.
Ordering a New Prescription
To determine if a medication is available through CVS Specialty, check the Formulary.
If your medication is listed with a “+” it is available through CVS Specialty. You may order up to a 30-day supply with a doctor’s prescription and prior authorization (where required).
MVP’s prior authorization process does not change when you use CVS Specialty. Your doctor must still obtain prior authorization from MVP for certain injectable and oral medications. To do this, call your doctor. Once authorization is obtained, your doctor may fax or call your prescription into CVS Specialty.
You can also mail your prescription along with your payment or billing information to:
- CVS Specialty
- P.O. Box 2110
- Pittsburgh, PA 15230-2110
Contact CVS Specialty by calling toll-free at 1-866-444-5883.
CVS Specialty has dedicated a team of their employees to MVP members. They will set up your account and arrange for both payment and delivery of your medication.
Ordering a Refill Prescription
CVS Specialty is proactive in contacting members with refill reminder phone calls. Your care coordinator will contact you prior to your refill date to ensure that you receive your medication on time. At that time, they will arrange for payment and delivery of your medication.
When you need to refill a prescription with CVS Specialty, simply choose one of the following options:
Refill by Phone
Call toll-free at 1-866-444-5883. Have your prescription number and payment information available.
Simply visit CVS Specialty and follow the instructions under Order Refills and Check Order Status Online.
Need to choose a breast cancer surgery center?
In accordance with New York State Department of Health requirements, MVP may no longer authorize inpatient or outpatient mastectomy and lumpectomy procedures at hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers identified as low volume by NYSDOH. Please note that the facility must also be contracted with MVP in order to be authorized.
For more information, click here.
Learn about MVP’s Health Home Services.
MVP’s Health Home Services Program provides Care Management services to qualified individuals to help make sure everyone involved in that person’s care actively supports that person’s recovery. A Health Home Care Manager helps coordinate not only the medical, mental health, and substance abuse treatment services, but that person’s social service needs, too.
Who is eligible?
Medicaid recipients are eligible for the Health Home Services Program if they meet one of the following conditions:
- Two or more chronic health conditions, such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease, mental health condition, or substance use disorder
- A significant mental illness
- A diagnosis of HIV/AIDS
How can the Health Home Services Program help me?
The work of the Health Home is about improving not just your physical health, but your mental health and your social health as well. The Health Home can help you:
- Get involved in activities to improve your health and keep you healthy
- Get access to a team to help you manage your physical and behavioral health
- Coordinate the care you receive
- Obtain follow-up care after hospitalization
- Arrange family support and involvement in your care
- Get referrals to community & social support services
- Obtain needed social services
- Make sure everyone involved in your care understands your goals
Is there a cost for participating in the Health Home Services Program?
These services are free for those who are eligible. It does not cost you anything to enroll.
For additional information about the Health Home Services Program, please call MVP’s Customer Care Center at 1-800-852-7826, TTY 1-800-662-1220.
Get answers to everything from using your plan and understanding your benefits, to ordering prescriptions, and more.
Call 1-800-825-5687 or complete our contact form to reach the MVP Customer Care Center and get the guidance you need for you and your family.