Preventive Dental Coverage
Most MVP Medicare Advantage plans include coverage for preventive dental services. Refer to your Evidence of Coverage for more information.
Dental Benefit Highlights
You will receive a separate dental ID card – show this card when you receive dental services. You can choose to go to any dentist, but generally your costs will be lower if you go to a DenteMax Medicare dentist.
Secure with Part D HMO-POS plan members: You are covered for one exam, one cleaning, and one set of bite wing x-rays per calendar year.
Preferred Gold and Secure Plus with Part D HMO-POS and WellSelect, WellSelect Plus, and Patriot Plan with Part D PPO plan members: You are covered for two exams, two cleanings, and two sets of bite wing x-rays per calendar year.
- You can choose to go to any dentist. As part of your dental benefit, you also have access to the DenteMax Medicare dentist network.
- Generally, your costs will be lower if you are treated by a DenteMax Medicare dentist. DenteMax Medicare dentists accept the maximum allowable benefit amount per service as payment in full. You will not be billed for additional costs for dental services covered by the plan.
- If you choose to go to any other dentist, you may pay more. The dentist can bill you for additional costs if what they charge is more than the maximum benefit amount for preventative services covered by the plan.
Find a DenteMax Medicare dentist (For Network Type, select Medicare).
Dental Benefit Details
- The amount MVP pays for covered services is based on the maximum allowable benefit amount for each service. If your dentist charges more than the maximum allowable benefit for a service, you may be billed for the difference.
- You are responsible for 100% of all charges that exceed the maximum allowable benefit amount, any services provided after your annual allowance is met, any dental services not covered under this benefit, or costs for services once your plan’s annual benefit amount is reached.
- No unused portion of your annual benefit amount can be carried over to the next calendar year. See your Evidence of Coverage or plan Riders for more details. If your coverage is through a former employer who has purchased additional dental coverage, see your plan Riders or contact your group for more information about your dental benefit coverage.