Statement from MVP Health Care President and Chief Executive Officer, Christopher Del Vecchio
“MVP Health Care Waives all Costs Related to Testing and Treatment of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Insurer Expands Support Services for Members During This Time of Need”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Michelle Golden
Schenectady, NY, April 7, 2020 — “Now more than ever, our members must have access to services that can help them manage their health in a personal way. As a health insurance company, it is our duty to do everything we can to support our members, our frontline providers, and our communities as they navigate this difficult situation. We want our membership to know that we are here for them during this crisis, and we remain committed as ever to providing the best care possible during and after COVID-19. As a result, we have implemented the following changes for our 700,000 members across New York and Vermont:
- Eliminating all prior authorization requirements for COVID-19 testing and treatment.
- Covering the full cost of COVID-19 testing including the cost of the visit for the test
- Covering the full cost of treatment associated with COVID-19 cases until May 31, 2020. Treatment costs associated with COVID-19 will be covered retroactively back to April 1, 2020.
- Offering our members no-cost access to myERnow—a new virtual Emergency Room (ER) that gives members access to an ER provider via phone, tablet or computer, 24/7 from the comfort of their home. The emergency medicine trained providers can assess a patient’s condition, coordinate testing, and prescribe appropriate treatment, if necessary, for COVID-19
- Offering our members no-cost access to all telemedicine services including via myVisitNow for other health related needs such as behavioral health services. Being able to access a behavioral health therapist can help individuals and families cope during these stressful times
- NY State of Health and Vermont Health Connect have announced a special enrollment period for uninsured individuals. MVP is available to help enroll those who need it in health insurance in New York plan through May 15th and a Vermont plan through April 17th via MVP’s customer support line at 1-800-TALK-MVP (1-800-825-5687)
- MVP is expanding its meal delivery benefit to select Medicare members who meet specific criteria and may not be able to obtain food otherwise. MVP is also addressing the needs of members who may be at-risk for lack of access to food by working with local, community-based organizations that can assist during this time.
- In partnership with SEFCU, BBL, and CDPHP, MVP is working to transform the Hilton Garden Inn in Albany, NY into a “Heroes Landing,” – a free nearby respite for doctors, nurses and other medical professionals to receive much-needed rest, nutrition, comfort, and strength between shifts.
- Providing timely information and updates for members, providers and employer groups at https://www.mvphealthcare.com/COVID19 and on our social media pages.
At MVP, our top priority is—and has always been—protecting the health and well-being of our members and the communities we serve. We will continue to closely monitor this evolving situation and will operate in the best interest of our members, providers, employees, and partners.”
# # #
About MVP Health Care
MVP Health Care is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit health insurer caring for more than 700,000 members in New York and Vermont. Committed to the complete well-being of our members and the communities we serve, MVP makes health insurance more convenient, more supportive, and more personal. For more information, visit www.mvphealthcare.com, or on Facebook, Twitter,Instagram, and LinkedIn.