MVP Health Care focuses on access and affordability in New York for 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Jonathan Pierce
SCHENECTADY, NY, October 24, 2018–As consumers across New York continue to face concerns and confusion over the cost and availability of health care, MVP Health Care is introducing innovative new products designed to improve health care access and affordability. By working closely with both members and providers, MVP is actively seeking to bring quality, affordable health care to people throughout New York.
“We are increasing members’ access to health care and helping consumers manage costs by meeting members wherever they are physically and wherever they are in life,” said Denise Gonick, MVP Health Care’s CEO. “Our new and expanded products for 2019 help us achieve these goals and offer members more access and more ability to control their costs.”
Some of the new and expanded products available to MVP members in 2019 include:
- A full continuum of plan options for individuals, families, and employers. MVP has solutions for business of all sizes with plans that include pharmacy benefits, spending account options, and wellness programs that help employers take control of health care costs. Individuals and families can find affordable health plan options for any budget with access to top doctors and facilities, including free and low-cost options such as Medicaid, Essential Plans, and Child Health Plus. MVP even offers online tools to help calculate health care costs and subsidy eligibility. MVP also offers a wide range of Medicare Advantage solutions with premiums as low as $0 in some regions, including plans with prescription drug coverage, out-of-network benefits, and the innovative SmartFundTM MSA plan.
- myVisitNow®—24/7 Online Doctor Visits makes it easier to access a wide range of health care services including urgent care, behavioral health, psychiatry, and nutrition and lactation counseling – through a smartphone, tablet, or computer with a webcam anytime, anywhere in the U.S. MVP’s myVisitNow telemedicine benefit is different from many of those offered by other carriers in the breadth of services offered. Additionally, it is available to members of all its fully insured plans, as well as to Medicare, Medicaid and Essential Plan members. Many other plans frequently exclude Medicaid members.
- MVP preferred provider facilities help members save money on laboratory, radiology, and ambulatory/outpatient surgery services. These facilities offer lower cost options without compromising quality. By helping members understand that they have a choice in such facilities and take control of their health care costs, MVP is working to reduce costs while still maintaining quality care and access to high-quality services
- Making information about, and access to, health care easier for all New Yorkers is an important objective for MVP. To do this, MVP has expanded its Mobile Enrollment Center program in New York. MVP’s Mobile Enrollment Centers bring MVP to the community and offer an opportunity for people to discuss their family’s health care options in a confidential and convenient environment. Similarly, in order to bring health care information to people in their communities, MVP has “retail” spaces for walk-in visitors in both Colonie Center (Colonie, NY) and Newburgh (Newburgh, NY) Malls as well as in many other locations throughout New York.
- MVP is invested in the health of its members. Through an enhanced program, MVP looks to identify gaps in care and remind members to make their preventive care appointments. For example, if a member has not scheduled regular appointments such as well-child visits, colorectal screenings, and mammography, MVP does a variety of outreach (telephone calls, mailings, etc.) to encourage them to schedule an appointment and offer help with both scheduling and transportation to the visit.
“These new and enhanced products are providing our members with innovative health care products which expand access and help control costs. Bringing accessible and affordable health care into so many new communities is certainly a testament to the great products we are providing our members,” said Gonick.
About MVP Health Care:
MVP Health Care is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit health insurer caring for more than 700,000 members in New York and Vermont. Committed to the complete well-being of our members and the communities we serve, MVP makes health insurance more convenient, more supportive, and more personal. For more information, visit www.mvphealthcare.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mvphealthcare, and on Twitter at @MVPHealthCare.