Give Patients Access, Convenience, and Value with Scarlet Health® for At-Home Lab Test Collection.
MVP Health Care® (MVP) is collaborating with BioReference Laboratories to provide MVP Members an easy way to complete their medically necessary lab testing. MVP is utilizing Scarlet Health®, BioReference’s mobile phlebotomy service that offers specimen collection at a convenient location of your patients’ choosing such as their home or workplace.
Scarlet® is ideal for:
How Scarlet Works:
There are two ways Scarlet collections can be ordered, provider-initiated or patient-initiated:
- Provider starts an electronic BioReference lab test order in their EMR or InsightDx
- Provider adds code TH31-8 to order to initiate the Scarlet process
- Provider gives the patient a provider-initiated patient instructions sheet: Provider-Initiated Patient Instructions (PDF)
- If you would like customized and/or printed Provider-Initiated Patient Instruction tear pads sent to you, please email your request to email@example.com
Looking to learn more about the Scarlet provider-initiated process?
- Meet Scarlet video: scarlethealth.com/meetscarlet
- Scarlet Provider-Initiated Video
- Provider-Initiated Patient Instructions (PDF)
If you have questions about how to include Scarlet collections as part of your electronic orders, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patients can still take advantage of the Scarlet at-home collection service even if you’re not set up with BioReference.
- Provider places an order for laboratory testing
- Provider gives the patient a copy of their lab test order and a Patient-Initiated Patient Instructions sheet: Patient-Initiated Patient Instructions (PDF).
- If you would like printed Patient-Initiated Patient Instruction tear pads sent to you, please email your request to email@example.com.
Looking to learn more about the Scarlet patient-initiated process?
- Scarlet Patient-Initiated Video
- Patient-Initiated Patient Instructions (PDF)
- Scarlet Patient-Initiated Testing for Providers Brochure (PDF)
If you have questions about how to give your patients the choice of at-home specimen collection with Scarlet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we learned in the recent MVP podcast: Exploring the Virtual-to-Physical Care Continuum, patients desire availability, which is a component of access, convenience, and value. Scarlet gives patients an easy option to stay current with their laboratory testing which may not only lower costs but may also lead to improved health outcomes and happier patients. When you tell your patients about Scarlet, you not only give them the choice of convenience and peace of mind, you may also reduce the unfilled lab test gap. In addition, you may be able to improve quality performance by closing gaps in care across several measures.
Do you have Scarlet questions? Please email email@example.com and the Scarlet team will be in touch.