Online account security is very important to MVP Health Care. On 8/24/09, we made improvements to help ensure online Security for our customers. Below is an overview of how these changes may affect you.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience these changes may cause.
How does this security update affect my Web account?
- All Member, Employer, Provider or Brokers users that have logged in since March 26 will be required and prompted to reset their password on initial login.
- Members that have not logged in since March 26 will be required to re-register online.
- Employers or Providers that have not logged in since March 26 will be required to call eSupport at 1-888-656-5695 to have their Web account re-established.
- Username / password improvement: Username / password reset functionality will now require you to enter the email address and security question from your user profile. If a valid email / security question does not exist in your user profile, you will need to call eSupport at 1-888-656-5695 to have their password reset.
- Username character requirements have changed. Usernames must now contain 6-20 characters and at a least one alpha character.
- Password character requirements have changed. Passwords must be 8-20 characters with at least one alpha and at least one numeric character.
- Member benefits / claims history: Some members may have limited access to historical information, such as claims or prior authorizations, online. Please call the Customer Care Center number on the back of your ID card for help if you cannot find the information you are looking for.