MVP makes it easy to cover your children
If you only need insurance coverage for your children, MVP gives you access to different types of plans, depending on your situation and where you live.
Child Health Plus (NY)
If you live in New York and your income is too high for Medicaid, and your children are not covered by private insurance, you may be able to cover them through Child Health Plus (CHPlus), available through the New York State of HealthTM.
Child Health Plus covers children under the age of 19 whose families are:
- Not covered by private health insurance, such as employer-based health insurance*
- Not eligible for Medicaid
- New York State residents, whether or not they are documented U.S. residents
- Qualified for CHPlus based on income level (see below)
- Low or $0 premiums
- $0 copays for most services
- $0 copays on prescriptions
Child Health Plus provides a wide range of coverage:
- myVisitNow®—24/7 Online Doctor Visits
- Lab tests
- Dental services
- Hearing services
- Eye exams and eyeglasses†
- Maternity and baby care
- Emergency room
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy†
- Family planning and reproductive health services
- Much more
MVP offers Child Health Plus plans in the following New York counties: Albany, Columbia, Dutchess, Genesee, Greene, Jefferson, Lewis, Livingston, Monroe, Oneida, Ontario, Orange, Putnam, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Sullivan, Rockland, Ulster, Warren, Washington, and Westchester. See map.
Dr. Dynasaur (VT)
If you are a resident of Vermont, you may be eligible for Dr. Dynasaur, a low-cost or free health insurance plan for children under 19 and pregnant women. To learn more, visit Vermont Health Connect.
Dependent Coverage for Children Under 21 (NY)
Don’t qualify for a Child Health Plus plan?
MVP offers Child-Only Plans for children up to age 21 who live in New York state. Choose from the links below to learn more about the plans available in your area.
2018 Child-Only Plans
- Albany Region (PDF)
- Buffalo Region (PDF)
- Mid-Hudson Region (PDF)
- New York City Region (PDF)
- Rochester Region (PDF)
- Syracuse Region (PDF)
- Utica-Watertown Region (PDF)
2019 Child-Only Plans
- 2019 Albany Region (PDF)
- 2019 Buffalo Region (PDF)
- 2019 Mid-Hudson Region (PDF)
- 2019 New York City Region (PDF)
- 2019 Rochester Region (PDF)
- 2019 Syracuse Region (PDF)
- 2019 Utica-Watertown Region (PDF)
Call 1-800-TALK-MVP (825-5687), Monday – Friday, between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm, to learn more about which specific option might be right for you and your family.
Dependent Coverage for Adult Children (NY)
In New York, dependents that are older than 26 have the option to obtain or continue coverage on their parents group policy until they turn 30. While parents are not required to add adult children to their health plan, coverage can be made available. To learn more, call 1-800-TALK-MVP (825-5687), Monday – Friday between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm.
*Some children who had employer-based health insurance may be subject to a waiting period of no more than 180 days before they can be enrolled in CHPlus. This will depend on your household income and the reason your children lost employer-based coverage.
† Some limits apply.