Medication Therapy Management Program
The Medication Therapy Management Program (MTMP) helps MVP Medicare Advantage plan members who have complex health needs or use multiple medications to treat chronic conditions better understand their prescriptions. This program is not considered a benefit and is offered at no cost to MVP Medicare Part D members.
- Help reduce the risk of medication errors, especially if you have chronic conditions, take several medications, or see multiple doctors and other health care providers
- Help you understand your condition and medications, so you can take an active role in managing your health
For more information about MTMP, call MVP at 1-866-942-7754, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm Eastern Time. Or contact us, especially if you would like a copy of any of the materials used in the MTM program.
What are the benefits of MTMP for me?
MTMP is your chance to speak with an experienced pharmacist on your time when you have the privacy to ask questions. Taking part in MTMP may help improve your overall health and reduce your risk for serious medication reactions, hospitalization and emergency room visits.
The MTMP pharmacists can help you:
- Understand your condition and the prescriptions you take
- Ensure you are taking your prescriptions according to your doctor’s directions
- Check for drug interactions between your medications, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements
- Identify possible cost savings
- Receive additional educational material in the mail
We may also contact your doctor about any potential drug interactions or therapeutic duplications that are found.
What will I receive as part of MTMP?
Members who take part will receive:
- A full medication review with a specially trained pharmacist by phone, which may take 10-15 minutes to complete
- A chance to meet one on one, in-person with an MVP pharmacist
- A written summary of your medication review that includes an action plan for you to discuss with your doctor
- A Personal Medication List of all your drugs and why you take them. You can also print and complete the Personal Medication List (PDF) yourself. Keep this list with you for doctor visits or emergencies.
- A medication review at least every 3 months. You or your doctor may receive a follow-up letter or a phone call about any new recommendations from the pharmacist.
Who is eligible for MTMP?
MTMP is for qualified members who meet the following criteria:
- Have multiple chronic diseases such as osteoporosis, chronic heart failure, cardiovascular disorders (such as dyslipidemia, hypertension), diabetes, depression, asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Take multiple Part D medications as determined by our Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) in conjunction with the MVP Health Care Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
- Are likely to incur annual costs for covered Part D drugs that exceed $4,376
Members who qualify for MTMP will receive a phone call inviting them to take part and a letter about the program in the mail. The program is voluntary, but members who qualify are encouraged to participate.
If you do not meet the criteria above but are interested in participating in the program, email RxAdvisor@mvphealthcare.com or call 1-866-942-7754, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am — 5 pm Eastern Time.