Register/Sign In Help
How do I register for an online account?
Forgot username and/or password.
You can retrieve or reset your username and password without a phone call to MVP if your online account profile contains both an email address and security question/answer. Users without a valid email address or security question/answer in their online account will be prompted to complete their profile. You will continue to be prompted at each login until both pieces of information are provided. This information is required for our self-service Forgot Password and Forgot Username functions.
Invalid username or password.
Note: You must have a valid email address and security question/answer in your online account to use these features. If your account profile does not contain both pieces of information, you will be asked to contact MVP eSupport.
Username and password do’s and don’ts.
1. Do keep your password secure:
- Never tell your password to anyone (this includes significant others, roommates, etc.).
- Don’t write your password down.
- Don’t send your password by email.
- Periodically change your password.
2. Do use strong and memorable passwords:
- Passwords are case sensitive.
- Must contain at least 8 characters and no more than 20.
- Must contain at least one number (0 – 9).
- Must contain at least one letter (a to z, A to Z).
- Include a mix of capital and lowercase letters.
- Cannot contain any spaces.
- Cannot have been used before as a password on MVP Health Care website.
- Include similar-looking substitutions, such as the number zero for the letter ‘O’ or ‘$’ for the letter ‘S.’
- Create a unique acronym.
- Include phonetic replacements, such as ‘Luv 2 Laf’ for ‘Love to Laugh.’
One example is to use a mnemonic. “Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day” could be used to remember the password “E5sofavpd”.
Things to avoid:
- Don’t use a password that is listed as an example of how to pick a good password.
- Don’t use a password that contains personal information (name, birth date, etc.).
- Don’t use words or acronyms that can be found in a dictionary.
- Don’t use keyboard patterns (asdf) or sequential numbers (1234).
- Don’t make your password all numbers, uppercase letters or lowercase letters.
- Don’t use repeating characters (aa11).
3. Do remember that passwords are case sensitive.
So, if your password was LoginUser1, then you must remember to enter the L and the U as capital letters when you enter it in the login box.
4. Do update your profile with a valid email address and security question/answer.
Keep your online account profile up-to-date with your current email address at all times. Remember to select and answer a security question. These two pieces of information enable you to use our Forgot Username and Forgot Password features in the event you forget your login credentials.
Helpful hint: Consider using a password management tool.
There are many password management tools that have functions to help your security online, including: storing login details for different websites, automating login to websites, and creating secure passwords. KeePass is a free password manager. There are versions for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and mobile devices.
What are security questions?
You can set up a security question and answer that will enable you to retrieve your password without calling our eSupport Help Desk. Once logged in, you can set up your security questions and answers within your online account.
How do I set up additional accounts for personnel in my office?
Site Security & Browser Settings
What makes our site secure?
With MVP Health Care, all your account information is protected by 128-bit encryption to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of your data.
What is encryption?
Encryption is the scrambling of data into a code which is unreadable to anyone who does not have the key.
Is your browser secure?
The only thing you need to take advantage of strong encryption technology is a secure browser, one that supports 128-bit encryption. By requiring a browser that supports 128-bit security, MVP Health Care makes sure that you have a strong lock on your personal information. MVP Health Care is committed to ensuring the security of your transactions by using the latest internet security technology.
If your browser does not support 128-bit encryption, then please upgrade to one that does before proceeding to the MVP Health Care login.
What browser should I use?
Although the site is built to be viewable by a wide variety of browsers, to use our secured applications we recommend using one that is up-to-date and Java-compatible. To optimize your viewing experience, we recommend using Internet Explorer 11 and higher, or the latest version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Note: To find out which version your browser is, go to your browser’s “Help” menu and select “About.”
What display settings do I need on my computer?
The optimal display configuration to use the site is 256 colors or better at 1024×768 resolution—the site was not designed for use at 16 colors, though you can certainly still use the site even if 16 colors and 640 by 480 resolution is all you have available.
Note: To find out how to change your computer’s video settings, refer to your operating system’s help menus and/or manuals.