Child Health Plus (CHP)
Affordable Health Insurance for Kids
MVP’s Child Health Plus plan is for people under 19 who don’t qualify for Medicaid and who don’t have other health insurance coverage or access to the New York State Health Insurance Program. You can enroll your kids or yourself at any time, regardless of income or immigration status. Child Health Plus provides great coverage and $0 co-pays. You’ll also get access to online tools and expert support.
Manage or Create Your Account
Sign in to explore your benefits, or create an account for quick access
to coverage details and more.
Sign In or Create My Account
Renew Your Plan
Be sure you don’t lose coverage. Get instructions on how to renew your plan today or get in touch with a Medicaid expert for help.
Renew My Coverage
Who Should Choose Child Health Plus
Child Health Plus is a great fit for anyone who:
- Has health coverage from an employer, but doesn’t have family coverage (meaning children can’t be covered by the plan)
- Doesn’t qualify for Medicaid, doesn’t have other insurance, and isn’t eligible for the public employee’s state health benefits plan
Child Health Plus Has You Covered
Child Health Plus coverage includes:
- Basic check-ups and sick visits
- Children and Family Treatment and Support Services (CFTSS)
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
- Hospital visits and emergency room care
- Specialty care, including behavioral health, speech/occupational therapy, and allergists*
- X-rays and diagnostic testing
- Access to a large network of doctors
- Online tools and help from personal MVP service
*Some limits apply.
1-800-TALK-MVP (825-5687) (TTY 711)
Other MVP Options for Child Coverage
If Child Health Plus isn’t the best plan for you, MVP has other great options to be sure you and your family get the care they need. Learn more about dependent coverage and similar plans.