- MVP Health Plan, Inc. (“MVP”) offer text messaging via Short Message Service (“SMS”) text message alerts to adults aged 18 and older.
- When you opt-in to the SMS text messaging services, you consent to receive further SMS text messages from MVP and you agree to these Terms of Service. MVP will send you an SMS text message to confirm your signup. To enroll in SMS texting, you must provide a United-States based mobile/cellular/satellite phone number and you may be asked to verify your mobile/cellular/satellite phone number. Your consent to the SMS texting service applies in spite of any listing of your phone number on any national or state Do Not Call list or registry.
- SMS texting is used to send you notifications about your MVP health insurance plan, including but not limited to, information on the following: eligibility, enrollment, reminders for preventive health screenings, benefit and plan information, claims, billing and payment, programs and services available to you, appointment scheduling and reminders and other important updates regarding your health. MVP will send recurring SMS text messages at varying frequencies and such frequency will vary based on your health plan and other considerations related to both your enrollment and health status.
- You can cancel SMS texting services from MVP at any time. Text “STOP” MVP to opt-out from further automated SMS text messages. After you send the text message “STOP” to MVP, we will send you one further reply SMS text message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS text messages from MVP. If you want to begin texting again (opt-in) with MVP, please text “START” to MVP and MVP will begin sending you SMS text messages. Please notify MVP immediately if your phone number changes.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported for SMS texting services with MVP, just text “HELP” to MVP After you send the message “HELP” to MVP, we will respond with instructions on how to use SMS texting with MVP, as well as how to unsubscribe.
- Text message and data rates may apply for any messages sent from or received by your phone. You agree you are solely responsible for any SMS text messaging or data charges, costs or fees for your use of the SMS text messaging service. MVP does not impose a separate charge for SMS text messaging.
- If you have questions about your texting plan or data plan, please contact your mobile, cellular or satellite provider/carrier. SMS texts may not be available in all geographic areas at all times.
- SMS text messaging services with MVP are compatible with most major cellular carriers (some exclusions may apply). Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- For any questions about SMS text messaging with MVP, please contact MVP at the phone number listed on the back of your MVP Member ID card or 1-888-687-6277, TTY: 711.
- SMS text messaging with MVP is provided on an “as is” basis and MVP DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AROUND SMS TEXTING, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THER WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MVP may change or discontinue SMS texting services at any time, without prior notice or liability to you. MVP also reserves the right to stop SMS texting to any individual person, at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion.
- MVP IS NOT LIABILE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING RELATED TO SMS TEXTING: DELAY OR FAILURE OF DELIVERY OF SMS TEXTS TO OR FROM ANY PARTY; TELECOMMUNICATIONS ISSUES OR FAILURES; DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION WITHIN A SMS TEXT TO A PHONE NUMBER THAT NO LONGER BELONGS TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF YOUR FAILURE TO NOTIFY MVP IN WRITING OF A PHONE NUMBER CHANGE; INTERCEPTION OR VISIBILITY OF SMS TEXTS BY A THIRD PARTY (INCLUDING YOUR MOBILE, CELLULAR OR SATELLITE CARRIER); TAMPERING WITH THE INTEGRITY OR VALIDITY OF SMS TEXTS BY A THIRD PARTY; ANY LOSSES OR INJURIES OF ANY KIND RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM A SMS TEXT; OR INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE CONTENT WITHIN A SMS TEXT. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS MVP, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS AND PERMITTED ASSIGNS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, JUDGMENTS, SETTLEMENTS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, DEFICIENCIES, INTEREST, PENALTIES, FINES, COSTS OR EXPENSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COSTS) INCURRED BY MVP AND ARISING OUT OF OR OCCURRING IN CONNECTION WITH THE SMS TEXTING SERVICES. THESE TERMS OF SERVICE SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CONFLICT OF LAWS PROVISIONS THEREOF. ANY ACTION, CLAIM, SUIT OR PROCEEDING ARISING FROM THESE TERMS OF SERVICE SHALL BE BROUGHT EXCLUSIVELY IN THE COUNTY OF SCHENECTADY OR COUNTY OF ALBANY, STATE OF NEW YORK.