MVP Health Plan, Inc., MVP Health Insurance Company, MVP Health Services Corp., and MVP Select Care, Inc., (collectively, “MVP Health Care or MVP”) maintain high standards for the protection of your privacy over the Internet. Your privacy is very important to us and we will make every reasonable effort to safeguard any information we collect. This Policy (the “Policy”) is intended to describe the types of information MVP may obtain about visitors to our website and how the information is used. This Policy does not apply to information collected through other means, including, but not limited to, by telephone or in person, although that information may be protected by the MVP Privacy Notice.
The MVP Website is intended for a United States audience. If you access this website from outside the U.S., you acknowledge, agree, and consent that any information you provide, including any personal information, will be transferred to and processed by a computer server located within the U.S., and subject to U.S. laws and regulations. Further, if you access this website from outside the U.S., you acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local or national laws, rules, or regulations applicable to such use.
Information We Collect
- In general, you can use the MVP Website without revealing any personal information. However, MVP members with a secure online account may provide individually identifiable information to MVP through the MVP Website. Examples of secured self-serve transactions that can be made through your online account include submitting a change of address, requesting a new ID card, or selecting a new primary care physician. Any information a member provides to, or is collected by, MVP through the MVP Website will not affect that subscriber’s health care coverage, eligibility, premiums, or claims payments.
- To improve your web experience, MVP uses “cookies” to track your web page navigation and website usage, as well as gather various aggregate traffic data/patterns or other general usage statistics. A cookie is a small file created by a website that stores information on your computer or device. Cookies cannot be used to obtain data from your hard drive, obtain your email address, or retrieve sensitive or personal information about you, and you may disable cookies by adjusting your browser preferences at any time. You can still use the website if you disable cookies in your browser, but this may affect the website’s ability to remember your web page history, or whether you have participated in certain website surveys. It may also render certain page functions unusable.
- An Internet Protocol address is a number that automatically identifies the computer or mobile device that you are using to access the Internet. The IP address enables our server to send you the website pages that you want to visit or the data you want to view. The IP address may disclose the server owned by your Internet service provider. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to support our website administration.
How Information is Used
Any personal information that you provide is used for the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you use location services to find a provider near your current location, your location is used only to facilitate that function. We may also gather quantitative user information, such as the number of users and the pages or data accessed, in order to perform administrative, technical, hosting or other functions that help us manage the MVP Website.
The MVP Website may utilize re-marketing cookies to advertise to you on third party websites. This allows us to provide special offers and continue to market MVP services to those who have shown interest in MVP products. You may opt–out of these re-marketing cookies by visiting The Trade Desk opt-out page and the Google Advertising opt-out page.
We do not sell information obtained online about our visitors to anyone. We may, however, disclose information obtained online (1) to our vendors who help us provide you with MVP services or products, (2) if the law requires us to make the disclosure, (3) if the disclosure is necessary to protect the safety of customers, employees or property, or (4) if all or part of MVP is sold, merged, dissolved, acquired, or otherwise involved in a similar transaction.
MVP does not transmit unsolicited “junk” email (spam). For those members, providers, brokers, or employers who have opted-in, we may use email to respond to general inquiries that are submitted on the MVP Website. If you wish to opt-out of any MVP email communication, you should utilize the “unsubscribe” link contained within the email itself or contact us at email@example.com. If you send MVP an email communication, it may be shared with a Customer Care Center Representative or other appropriate MVP employees. Once MVP has responded to your communication, that response will be archived in our computer system.
Use of Electronic Mail
If you choose to send email to MVP outside of the secure Customer Care Contact Form, please be aware that those email messages may be viewed by other Internet users while in transit to MVP. If you have personally identifiable information to communicate to MVP outside of the secure areas of the MVP Website, and you wish it to remain confidential, you should not use email. Instead, please contact our Customer Care Center at 1-888-687-6277 (TTY: TTY).
Linking to Other Websites
The MVP Website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices these other websites may employ. This Policy does not apply to any other website you go to from the MVP Website, including those to which we have provided links for your convenience. If you are concerned about or interested in the privacy practices of the other websites you visit, you may wish to review their posted privacy statements or contact them directly.
The MVP Website is intended for a general audience and is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any visitor under the age of 13, and we strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent of a child under 13, and you believe that your child has provided us with information about him or herself, please contact us at CDepartment@mvphealthcare.com.
Website and information security
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information that you provide on the MVP Website. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of the MVP Website, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet, and we are not liable for the illegal acts of third parties such as criminal hackers.
Social Media Disclaimer
MVP is not responsible for material posted to any of its social media websites, including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube, and does not guarantee the content, accuracy, or use of the content of such social media websites. MVP does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on any social media websites. MVP specifically disclaims all liability for claims or damages that may result from any posting on such social media websites. MVP accepts no responsibility for the comments, opinions, and information posted to any social media websites, and such opinions do not necessarily reflect the policies of MVP. In no event shall MVP be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on any information on such social media websites.
Visitors to MVP social media websites should not post or upload information:
- which contains personal health information, financial and/or other private information of any person or entity;
- which is abusive, harassing, violent or threatening in tone or language, defamatory, obscene or vulgar in tone or language;
- which are fraudulent, deceptive, illegal, or misleading;
- which are commercial in nature or that solicit donations;
- which are discriminatory against any race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or political belief;
- which contains viruses, worms or corrupted files; or
- which include link baiting (embedding a link in your post to draw traffic to your own website).
MVP reserves the right to monitor postings to its social media websites by visitors. MVP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove at any time any content posted by visitors for any reason including if MVP deems such content inappropriate. The information provided by MVP on its social media websites is not intended to be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider with any questions regarding personal health or medical conditions. For issues related to your health plan with MVP, please contact Member Services through the number on the back of your ID card. Neither the MVP Website nor any social media websites are intended as a customer response/service websites.
Protection of Member Health Information
If you are a member of MVP (and not someone visiting the MVP website for informational purposes), then it is possible that you may also provide us with personally identifiable information that constitutes health information protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability act of 1996 (HIPAA). MVP is a Covered Entity under HIPAA and complies with HIPAA regulations regarding the use and disclosure of members’ health information for each plan. The MVP Privacy Notice explains how we may use and disclose protected health information.
Health Information Exchanges
We may share your information with health information exchanges. Electronic health information exchanges allow health care providers to view and share your health information quickly and easily — for treatment, payment or health care operations. Doctors, health insurers and others using an exchange like this are required to follow the privacy and security standards set by U. S. and state laws.
MVP strives to ensure that the information we obtain and use is accurate. To that end, it is important for MVP to continuously verify that our customer records are correct. If you find an error, please let us know. MVP’s Customer Care Center Representatives are trained to answer any questions about the information obtained about you, including how to correct any inaccuracies in that information.
Customer Care Center
1-888-687-6277 (TTY: 711)
MVP Customer Care Center
PO Box 2207
Schenectady, NY 12301-2207
THE MATERIALS IN THE MVP WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, MVP DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MVP DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE OR MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER MVP WEBSITE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKES THE MVP WEBSITES AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. MVP DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER MVP WEBSITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL MVP BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS IN THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER MVP WEBSITE, EVEN IF MVP OR A MVP AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL MVP’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT – INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE – OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER MVP WEBSITE(S).