Learn about free or low cost health insurance options.
There are a number of programs available to help individuals and families in need receive lower cost or even free health care coverage.
- MVP Marketplace Plans—81% of those enrolled in marketplace health plans are eligible for financial assistance. Use our MVP plan finder to see what you might qualify for.
- MVP Medicaid Managed Care—For those who qualify, this program can provide coverage to New York residents (children and adults) with no monthly premiums. Learn More
- Child Health Plus—If your income is too high for Medicaid, and your children are not covered by private insurance, you may be eligible for this program available through the New York State of HealthTM. This program can provide coverage with no co-pays for children under 19 who reside in New York for a low cost or even $0 premium. Learn More
- MVP Essential Plans—Available for $0 or $20/month to those who qualify in New York, Essential Plans offer coverage for people 19-65 that includes, yearly physicals or sick visits, prescription drugs, specialist visits, urgent care and more. Learn More
- MVP Harmonious Health Care Plan—This new kind of plan combines Medicaid coverage with services for behavioral health and management, helping members find housing, live independently, get an education, find a job, manage stress and more. Qualified Medicaid members are identified by the State of New York as potential Harmonious Health Care Plan members. Learn More
- Health Home Services Program—Select Medicaid recipients may also be eligible to receive assistance coordinating medical, mental health, and substance abuse treatment services, as well as social service needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about MVP’s free and low cost health insurance options.
Call our Customer Care Center at 1-800-852-7826, Monday through Friday, between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm, and learn more about what specific options might be right for you and your family.