MVP and CVS Caremark
MVP’s prescription drug coverage is provided through CVS Caremark®, MVP’s Pharmacy Benefit Manager.
With thousands of participating pharmacies, including all major pharmacy chains, mail order, and specialty pharmacy services, access to helpful online tools and unique savings programs, MVP’s prescription benefits make it easy to find and manage your prescriptions.
- Preventive Drug List—List of covered preventive drugs as of January 2021; applies to New York and Vermont.
- No-Cost Drugs for Preventive Care (PDF)—List of current covered preventive drugs; applies to New York and Vermont.
- Vermont Value Based Insurance Drug (VBID) List (PDF)—List of affordable maintenance medications, with a small co-pay of $1 or $3, available to VT Plus Plan members with chronic conditions.
- Find a Pharmacy (Commercial, Exchange, and Child Health Plus members)
- Find a Pharmacy (Medicaid, HARP, and Essential Plan members)—Search for retail pharmacies (including all major pharmacy chains), mail order and specialty pharmacy services, and more.
New York Plans
NY Rx/Drug Search (Individual & Small Group)—For individual health plans purchased from NY State of Health, The Official Health Plan Marketplace, or directly from MVP Health Care. Also applies to NY small group (100 employees or less) plans.
NY Rx/Drug Search (Large Group)—For NY large group (101 employees or more) plans.
VT Rx/Drug Search (Individual & Small Group)—For Individual and small group plans sold through Vermont Health Connect (VHC)
VT Rx/Drug Search (Large Group)—For VT large group (101 employees or more) plans
See the full list of generic and name brand drugs covered by MVP Health Care plans that offer prescription drug coverage.*
- 2021 MVP Commercial/Child Health Plus Formulary (PDF) — Applies to large groups; plans offered by employers with greater than 100 employees, MVP Child Health Plus, and Administrative Services Only plans.
- 2021 MVP Marketplace Formulary (PDF) — Applies to individuals who purchase their health plan on their own from NY State of Health, The Official Health Plan Marketplace—including the Essential Plan—or Vermont Health Connect or who purchase the plan directly from MVP. Also applies to small group employers with 100 employees or less.
- 2021 MVP Medicaid Formulary (PDF) — Applies to Medicaid plans.
- 2021 MVP Medicare Part D Individual Plan Formulary (PDF) — Applies to individuals who purchase their Medicare Advantage plan coverage directly from MVP.
- 2021 MVP Medicare Part D Employer-Based Plan Formulary (PDF) — Applies to individuals whose Medicare plan coverage is offered through a former employer or union group.
*This information relates to the Prescription Drug Formularies generally, and may not describe your particular coverage. Check your Certificate of Coverage or Summary Plan Description for specific benefits, limitations and exclusions.
Manage Your Prescriptions
Members can sign in to manage prescriptions, check drug cost and coverage, view or refill mail order prescriptions, get tips on how to save money and more. MVP members can also sign in to take advantage of CVS Caremark’s full suite of helpful tools.
If you have questions about your pharmacy benefits, the CVS Caremark Customer Care team can help explain your prescription coverage, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Commercial/Select Care: 1-866-284-7134
- Exchange: 1-800-378-9295
- Medicaid: 1-866-832-8077
- Medicare: 1-866-494-8829 (TTY: 711)
- TTY: 1-800-231-4403
Find information on drug recalls and updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find more information about the formulary, generic drugs, mail order, and other pharmacy topics in our Member FAQs.